Does your venture capital law firm know the industry inside out?
We’ve been advising entrepreneurial and high growth companies and their investors on venture capital since the industry started. Because we know the market so thoroughly, our commercially minded lawyers can advise you on each stage of your investment.
As a client, you benefit not just from our technical expertise but also from our understanding of your local environment and the wider global market.
At the cutting edge of the venture capital market, we act on innovative and complex deals – from a US$600 million investment into a start-up through to sub-US$1 million capital funding rounds.
We advise entrepreneurial and high growth companies and their investors on the following areas of venture capital law:
- Establishing venture capital funds
- Early-stage investments
- Subsequent funding rounds
- Convertible-debt interim investments
- Exits via trade sales
- Initial public offerings (IPOs)
- Direct secondary (portfolio) transactions
- Full service legal support to growth companies
- Merger and acquisition activities and mergers of venture-backed companies.
Show moreShow less
Recent work highlights include advising:
- Abingworth Bioventures VI, an international life sciences fund
- NVM fund IV LP on its global life sciences fund
- Zhengzhang on its investment in Yinfu Venture Capital Fund (which is supported by the Ministry of Science and Technology of the People’s Republic of China)
- CITIC Capital on setting up a venture capital enterprise and an investment management company
- Quam Limited on formation of a foreign invested venture capital enterprise (“FIVCE”).
"With a deeply entrenched reputation in the VC and private equity sectors, both on the fund formation and investment side, King & Wood Mallesons is regularly called on by investors and investees to advise on deals in the life sciences and tech sectors."