We provide the expertise in merger and acquisition law you need for complex and transformational transactions
Dealmakers from around the world seek out our legal advice on competition clearances for mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures before national authorities.
We offer you expertise in coordinating multi-jurisdictional filings and obtaining regulatory approvals for transactions on a global level in all relevant jurisdictions.
The areas of merger law we advise on include:
- Coordinating multi-jurisdictional filings
- Advising on transaction structures in advance of the regulatory process
- Devising and negotiating commitments to avoid an in-depth review or prohibition of a transaction
- Challenging adverse regulatory decisions taken by the European Commission, the ACCC, Mofcom and other national competition authorities
- Opposing or supporting third party transactions that could affect your interests
- Advising on information requests from the European Commission, the ACCC, Mofcom and other national competition authorities.
Show moreShow less
Our work highlights include advising:
- Universal Music Group in connection with its recent successful £900 million acquisition of EMI’s recorded music division from Citigroup, including successfully obtaining clearance from the European Commission and six other jurisdictions, for which we were awarded The Lawyer Competition Team of the Year 2013
- Associated British Foods on its acquisition of Dorset Cereals – successfully obtaining phase 1 clearance before the CMA
- Nestlé on its acquisition of Pfizer’s infant formula business, assisted Nestlé on all competition aspects of the transaction in Australia
- Fiat Group on the antitrust filing of its acquisition of Chrysler Corporation – the first test of the "failing firm defense" in China
- FedEx and Kinko’s in relation to the antitrust aspects of their merger in 2003 – this case was the first merger control filing in China
- ACS in its proposed acquisition of Hochtief
- Microsoft in relation to its search agreement with Yahoo!
"The Competition team is excellent at client care and keeping us informed. They really make you feel valued."