Best in class offering across the funds finance market
The funds finance market is highly competitive and requires both technical excellence and a focus on innovation to achieve the best results. We regard ourselves as the ideal legal partner in this environment as one of the few law firms with a genuine in-depth knowledge of fund structuring.
In addition to fund level subscription financing and equity bridge financing, whether for working capital or as longer term leverage, we act on:
- Banks divesting their loan books, either by sale or sale with vendor financing, as they sell to distressed debt funds
- Financing based on equity commitment undertakings from the fund
- Carry/co-investment facilities to the general partners, executives and employees in particular in relation to consumer credit issues
- Limited partner financing for their partnership interests
- “Whole of life” facilities which look initially at the investor uncalled commitments and then at a combination of net asset value (NAV) and uncalled commitments
- Pre-close and warehousing facilities including put/call options.
Show moreShow less
Our experience in funds finance includes advising:
- A European mezzanine fund on a US$73,000,000 multicurrency term facility for leveraged debt acquisitions
- A retail investment private equity fund on a €335 million umbrella revolving facility made available by Citibank
- AMP Capital on its subscription financing facilities for its Infrastructure Debt Funds
- Barclays on a €250 million facility to a private equity investment fund
- HSBC on its subscription financing facilities provided to IFM’s Global Infrastructure Fund
- Lloyds on a €75 million facility to a private equity fund investing in debt
- QIC on the financing arrangement for its Global Infrastructure Fund
- State Street for a US$175 million multicurrency facility to a European loan fund for its portfolio of mid-market debt and related equity co-investments.
"A very strong funds finance practice."
"Overcame capital requirements to introduce equity bridge financing into the French market."
Highly commended in FT Innovative Lawyers 2014