A one-stop shop for essential consumer and retail legal advice
In the consumer and retail sector, customers come first.
At King & Wood Mallesons, we agree. With our experienced intellectual property, mergers and acquisitions, real estate, anti-trust and regulatory, commercial and employment lawyers, we see our consumer and retail clients’ businesses from all angles.
We have worked with some of the world’s biggest retailers and consumer brands, providing on the ground support to help them expand into emerging markets, and supporting their journey as they transition from traditional ‘bricks and mortar’ to multichannel market platforms.
Recent matters includes advising:
- Lion Group, one of Australia’s leading food and beverage businesses, across a broad range of commercial matters
- Six of the lead underwriters for the New York Stock Exchange listing of Chinese e-commerce retail powerhouse, Alibaba
- Myer, a major Australian department store operator, in relation to the establishment of its operations in China
- Adidas in trade mark infringement proceedings relating to a competitor’s use of a four-stripe trade mark on footwear
- One of the world's leading online betting and gaming company, Ladbrokes, on its agreement with Playtech, to help grow Ladbrokes’ digital business.
"Excellent - they know the markets inside-out, they know the regulatory frameworks very well and they have a deftness of touch."