Decades at the heart of private equity
Working with us means working with lawyers who have real insight into the private equity sector – something that comes from our fund structuring expertise combined with our transaction capability in buyouts, investment and mergers and acquisitions.
We combine market-leading private equity market experience with in-depth tax and regulatory knowledge to give you practical, cost-effective legal advice that you can implement quickly.
We work with private equity firms of all sizes – from the largest global buyout funds, to smaller first time funds. In fact, we have been a key advisor to the private equity industry since its inception.
Private equity lawyers for a fast-changing global market
We understand the dynamics of the industry, its central players, their organisational structures, needs and unique challenges. Our lawyers have strong relationships with private equity sponsors across the market, as well as investment banks and other institutional investors, which we leverage for the benefit of our clients.
Show moreShow less
A unique combination of expertise for a unique sector
We understand that private equity firms have unique structures and wide-ranging needs. So our private equity transactions team brings together market-leading experts in mergers and acquisitions, banking, tax, competition, employment, intellectual property, funds and equity capital markets.
Our close links with the national and supranational private equity and venture capital associations mean we can alert clients to the issues which may have a significant commercial impact on their business and the wider market.
We advise on the development and management of private investment funds, and have a thorough understanding of the investment criteria corporate investors and superannuation funds look for when they invest.
Our experience of law in the private equity sector includes advising:
- Equistone on its investment into Finaxy group and on the sale of its stake in Spie Batignolles to Ardian
- Astorg Partners in relation to the acquisition of Kerneos from Materis, a construction material group controlled by Wendel
- Graphite Capital on the management buy-out of City & County Healthcare Group and the £172 million sale with management of Park Holidays
- Triton on its recent €3.5 billion fund
- China Development Bank Capital on the proposed formation of parallel private equity funds (onshore RMB and offshore) with a total commitment of USD$10 billion to invest in infrastructure, natural resources and other sectors
- Colonial First State on their infrastructure funds
- Patron Capital on their recent €880 million real estate fund
- KKR’s investment in Sundrop Farms
- Affinity Private Equity’s investment in Velocity Frequent Flyer and acquisition of Nine Live
- Quadrant’s acquisitions of Urban Purveyor Group and Icon Cancer Care.
"One of the best full-service private equity firms in the market, they combine good general corporate advice with strong commercial skills."