- First-ever Aus Term Loan B transactions - Apollo/Leighton’s Ventia Group refinancings (2015 onwards), Baring Private Equity’s acquisition of SAI Global (2016), Bain Capital/Camp Australia’s financing for its bid for JAG (2017), LEAP Legal/Infotrack (2017) and Archer Capital’s Craveable Brands (2017)
- A$ Unitranche financing for a bidder for iMed (2017)
- Senior and/or holdco/opco mezzanine financings – Quadrant and subsequent QIC consortium’s Icon Cancer Care (2016 and 2017), Quadrant’s Fitness and Lifestyle Group (2016), KKR’s Findex (2014), GenesisCare (2015), Dixon Hospitality (2017), Affinity Equity Partners’ Ticketek (2015) and Champ’s Axieo business
- KKR/GenesisCare group on Asia-Pacific’s first A$790m stapled financing in conjunction with its A$1.7bn sale to the China Resources/Macquarie Group consortium (Oct 2016)
- HanesBrands A$465m acquisition facility for ASX-listed Pacific Brands, Jul 2016.
- Woolworths Group - $400m world-first fronted bank guarantee facility, backed by offshore sureties in 2014 and subsequent refinancings
- Woolworths Group – bank facilities, including the A$2bn+ syndicated loan (Apr 2016) and subsequent A$600m follow-on facility (Nov 2016)
- Sydney Airport - bank, bond, USPP facilities since 2004, including its landmark A$1.4bn syndicated facilities refinancing – awarded KangaNews’ syndicated loan deal 2017 (Apr 2017)
- Lenders to Origin Energy on their various syndicated facilities since 2004, including the Oct 2016 A$4.5bn refinancing
- Lenders to Vocus/M2 Group on its A$1.2bn mergeco facilities (Mar 2016)
- IPO facilities for Virtus, Mantra, Costa Group, Estia Health and Bingo Industries.
- 1991: Bachelor of Economics and Bachelor of Laws (Hons I), University of Sydney
- 1992 - 1994: Solicitor, Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Sydney
- 1994 - 1995: Bachelor of Civil Law (Hons I), Oxford University
- 1995 - 1997: Solicitor, Allen & Overy, London
- 1998 - 2000: Senior Associate, Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Sydney
- 2001 - present: Partner, Mallesons Stephen Jaques/King & Wood Mallesons, Sydney
Yuen-Yee has lectured in undergraduate and postgraduate finance law at the University of New South Wales and has written chapters for the Australian Finance Law textbook (7th edn). She was a speaker at the International Bar Association / Law Council of Australia private equity conference in April 2008, the Banking & Financial Services Law Association of Australia and New Zealand (BFSLA) conference in 2013 and 2017 and the IBA Private Equity Symposium in London in December 2011 and 2014.
- Asia-Pacific Loan Market Association (Australia Branch) Documentation Committee
- Former Board Member, Banking & Financial Services Law Association of Australia and New Zealand
- Law Society of NSW
- Law Society, England & Wales.