Trish Henry is a partner in our Sydney office where she specialises in trade practices, telecommunications and commercial disputes. She has particular experience in trade practices litigation and advising clients on ACCC investigations.
Trish has extensive experience representing clients in the Federal Court and Australian Competition Tribunal, including civil and criminal prosecutions by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission, and competition and consumer protection litigation between competitors.
Trish regularly provides trade practices talks, in-house, at external seminars, and for clients, and has been involved in setting up trade practices compliance programs for clients.
Trish has been named as a "Leading Individual" and "Recommended" for Competition and Anti-Trust in recent legal publications. She has also been trained as a mediator.
Show moreShow less
- Acting in the Australian Competition Tribunal proceedings for a review of the exemption order obtained by Telstra in relation to digital pay tv services.
- Acting for a company criminally prosecuted by the DPP in Federal Court proceedings for breaches of consumer protection provisions of the Trade Practices Act.
- Acting for an individual prosecuted by the ACCC for penalties in Federal Court proceedings for price fixing and market sharing in the power transformer market.
- Acting for Telstra in Federal Court proceedings brought by the ACCC to restrain the FOXTEL/Australis merger.
- Acting for Telstra in the ACCC Competition Notice proceedings in the Federal Court alleging misuse of market power in relation to Telstra's commercial churn service.
- Member of the Trade Practices Committee, Business Law Section, Law Council of Australia
- Admitted in New South Wales, Victoria, Northern Territory and England and Wales.
- 1986: Bachelor of Arts and Laws degrees, University of New South Wales, Sydney
- 1988 - 1991: Solicitor, Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Sydney
- 1991 - 1992: Solicitor, Law Firm, London
- 1992 - 1997: Solicitor/Senior Associate, Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Sydney
- 1997 - 2012: Partner, Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Sydney
- March 2012 - present: Partner, King & Wood Mallesons, Sydney.