Paul McBride is a Partner in the Brisbane and Hong Kong offices of King & Wood Mallesons. He has a broad banking and finance practice specialising in structured finance including securitisation, asset- based lending, derivatives and structured products across various asset classes. Paul also advises on vanilla debt capital markets transactions.
Paul's clients include arrangers, originators, issuers, swap counterparties, lenders, borrowers, monoline insurers, rating agencies and investors.
Paul worked in Tokyo and London for Linklaters prior to joining Mallesons Stephen Jaques. Paul is rated as a leading practitioner by market surveys.
Reputation and Awards
- Band 1, Capital Markets, Foreign Expert for China – Chambers & Partners, 2017
- Band 2, Capital Markets: Securitisation – Chambers & Partners Australia (2016, 2017)
- Leading Lawyer – Banking, Capital Markets: Debt, IFLR, (2016, 2017)
- Leading Lawyer – Banking, Capital Markets: Structured Finance and Securitisation, IFLR, (2016, 2017)
- Leading Lawyer – Asialaw Leading Lawyers, 2017
- International Asset-Based Lending Lawyer of the Year 2017, Australia
- The Best Lawyers in Australia – Banking and Finance Law (2017, 2018).
Paul McBride is someone who knows his stuff and provides advice that is crisp and to the point.
- Chambers & Partners 2017
Paul McBride has significant expertise in advising on structured finance and derivative products.
- Chambers & Partners 2015
Show moreShow less
- Securitisations backed by many asset types across jurisdictions including residential and commercial mortgage loans, personal loans, credit card receivables, trade receivables, insurance receivables, floor plan receivables, corporate loans and bond portfolios.
- Establishment of and issues under series segregated secured MTN programmes, vanilla MTN programmes and CP programmes.
- Derivative master, credit support and trade documentation including ISDA, GMRA and GMSLA.
- Acting for ISDA in drafting product specific definitions.
- Corporate derivatives and equity, rates, FX, bond, commodity and credit derivatives including Asia's first property derivative.
- Asset based trade finance using documentary credits, lending, repurchase and prepayment funding structures.
- PRC property financings.
- Straight corporate debt and equity-linked issues.
- March 2012 to present: Partner, King & Wood Mallesons
- January 2011 to February 2012: Partner, Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Hong Kong
- February 2005 to December 2010: Senior Associate, Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Hong Kong
- January 2000 to January 2005: Linklaters, Tokyo and London
- 2008: Admitted Hong Kong
- 2004: Admitted England and Wales
- 1998: Admitted New South Wales.