Mark’s experience includes:
- Legal due diligence on investment by institutional LP investors into over 100 private equity, venture capital, debt, hedge and infrastructure funds in Europe, the United States, Asia and Australia.
- Co-investments in over 20 investments across Europe, the United States, Asia and Australia.
- Establishment of hedge funds, including 130/30 funds, precious metals funds and other mixed strategy funds.
- Establishment of structures to access foreign funds including foreign private equity funds, real estate funds and credit funds.
- Acting on a strategic alliance between large Australian bank and foreign bank.
- Acting for joint venturer parties for investments in debt, real estate and healthcare assets.
- Arranging licensing exemptions for foreign hedge fund managers; private equity managers; asset managers; broker/ dealers and registered investment advisers from offshore jurisdictions including the United States, United Kingdom, Hong Kong and Singapore.
- Advising on short selling restrictions for hedge funds and investment banks.
Mergers & acquisitions
- Asset acquisitions by major Australian and foreign financial institutions.
- Rationalisation and restructure of financial products offered by a large financial services provider.
- Asia-Pacific restructures including of a consulting business and an investment bank.
- Acquisitions and disposals of investments in PE and real estate funds in funds in Europe, the United States, Asia and Australia.
- Bachelor of Science (majoring in Applied Mathematics), Monash University
- Bachelor of Laws (first class Hons), Monash University
- 1993: Articled Clerk, Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Melbourne
- 1994 - 1998: Solicitor, Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Melbourne
- 1998 - 2002: Senior Associate, Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Melbourne and Sydney
- 2003 - present: Partner, King & Wood Mallesons, Sydney.