Jason Watts is a partner in the Sydney office of Mallesons Stephen Jaques where he specialises in mergers & acquisitions, focusing on public company and privately negotiated transactions and private equity. He regularly advises on general corporate law, securities law and governance issues. He is a relationship partner for a number of the firm's key clients.
- Veda in its privatisation by PEP
- CVC in its acquisition of a 75% interest in PBL's media assets
- CSR in its $480 million accelerated rights issues
- Westfield in its $2.9 billion placement
- Primary Healthcare in its hostile take over of Symbion Health and subsequent divestments
- ASX in its merger with SFE
- Westfield in its stapling to create the Westfield Group.
Show moreShow less
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Business Law Section - Law Council of Australia.
- 1988: Bachelor of Economics degree, University of Sydney
- 1990: Bachelor of Laws degree, University of Sydney (First Class Honours)
- 1992 - 1997: Solicitor, Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Sydney
- 1997 - 1999: Senior Associate, Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Sydney
- 1999 - 2002: Manager, Strategic Development - Fairfax Digital
- 2002 - 2003: Senior Associate, Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Sydney
- 2004 - present: Partner, King & Wood Mallesons, Sydney.