Agata Bober is a special counsel who practices general commercial law, with a focus on domestic and cross-border M&A transactions. Agata advises on both private and public M&A transactions and has become an Australian market leader in M&A warranty and indemnity insurance.
Agata acts for both private and public entities, and for a range of highly regulated financial services and telecommunications clients. She has also acted for joint venture parties and private equity houses, sellers in public company acquisitions and issuers in capital raisings and IPOs. She has extensive experience in preparing and negotiating transaction documents, managing large teams and engaging with clients and other external stakeholders.
Agata was the only Australian finalist shortlisted for the “Rising Star: Corporate” Women in Business Law Awards (Asia) in 2016.
- NAB: 2016 cross border demerger of Clydesdale and Yorkshire Banks and associated $5.5 billion ASX capital raising (the largest in Australian history).
- Telstra: divestment of Sensis in 2014, the Australian online directories business including under the brands of True Local, Quotify, Citysearch and Whereis, Sensis Digital Media, Sensis Data Solutions, Sensis Click Manager and Sensis Business Search API.
- Touchcorp Limited: cross-border merger with payments fintech Afterpay Holdings Limited, to form a newly listed entity, Afterpay Touch Group Limited
- Accenture: acquisitions of a “design thinking” business Second Road (2016) and award-winning creative agency The Monkeys (2017)
- BG Group plc: various projects since its 2007 entry into the Australian market, including the $8billion Queensland Curtis LNG joint venture with CNOOC and Tokyo Gas
- GDF Suez: Australian power projects joint venture with Mitsui & Co
- BlueScope Steel: major restructure of its Australian steel making operations, including exit from the export business
- W&I: advising on more than 50 W&I transactions in the last 5 years in Asia
- Shire Pharmaceutical: acquisition of Farboud Therapeutics.
- NAB: divestment of a trustee business to IOOF and acquisitions of a number of private wealth management businesses
- Citigroup Inc: on a global retail stockbroking joint venture.