Real estate lawyers who get the deal done
Whether it is major urban renewal projects, helping channel foreign capital into and out of Australia, managing funds, buying and selling, or managing corporate occupation – we can support you right across the real estate asset lifecycle.
Our law firm is the perfect choice for real estate deals that are complex, require speedy execution and closing, or involve multiple jurisdictions and stakeholders with competing interests. We are renowned for our ability to help clients get their deals over the line on time and on budget.
On day-to-day matters we deliver that same premium quality and first-class service in the most cost-effective way. And we do so across the sector – for office, retail, residential and industrial properties, as well as alternative asset classes such as hotels and lodging, pubs, retirement villages, marinas and student accommodation.
We are proud to be the law firm of choice among listed trusts, fund managers, investors, developers, owners and occupiers on all aspects of their real estate transactions.
Highlights of our Australian real estate practice's work include advising:
- Challenger on its acquisition of joint interests in a portfolio of six Australian regional shopping centres on behalf of a sovereign wealth fund
- Invesco, on behalf of a Chinese sovereign investor, on the acquisition of Centennial Plaza, a three-tower complex in the Southern CBD of Sydney
- DEXUS Property Group on its takeover, with the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), of the Commonwealth Property Office Fund, an office sector-specific Australian Real Estate Investment Trust (A-REIT)
- AMP Capital on the Quay Quarter, Sydney, redevelopment of 50 Bridge Street (AMP Centre) and Young and Loftus Street precinct
- CPPIB and Lend Lease’s Australian Prime Property Fund’s investment in the AUD6 billion Barangaroo Commercial Precinct in Sydney – the largest central business district redevelopment project in Australian history
- Grocon in relation to the development of 1300 apartments for the Commonwealth Games Village on the Gold Coast
- TPG on the AUD600 million structuring, sale and leaseback of two large portfolios of 55 industrial and agricultural properties across Australia and New Zealand for TPG as owners of Ingham Enterprises, Australia’s largest integrated poultry company.
"The firm is responsive, supportive, and gives excellent service. They went above and beyond the call for us."
Discover more about investing in Australian real estate in our guide for global investors.