Expert advice on copyright law
We draw on our commercial insights, industry understanding and deep copyright expertise to protect and enforce your copyrights and defend you against copyright infringement allegations.
Our copyright lawyers develop innovative solutions to the complex commercial and legal problems associated with emerging technologies and online trends. We are also expert in advising and preparing submissions in relation to government inquiries and law reform proposals in the copyright arena.
We advise clients on:
- Copyright clearance and ownership/chain of title issues
- Copyright protection and enforcement
- Enforcement of technological protection measures for copyright works
- Exploitation of copyright through licensing and assignments
- Copyright due diligence
- Avoiding infringements of third party copyright and permitted uses of copyright works
- Protection and enforcement of databases through database right and copyright
Track record in copyright cases
From the largest award of damages in an Australian anti-piracy case to the Australian authority on accessorial liability of company directors, our law firm has been involved in landmark copyright litigation and has an enviable track record.