Providing value by optimising your outcome
Disputes expose organisations to a number of risks, adverse publicity, damage to relationships, distractions for the team and potentially high direct costs.
Identifying the commercial and legal drivers of a dispute early means our Australian dispute resolution and litigation lawyers can minimise uncertainty and risk, to achieve the optimal negotiated, mediated or litigated outcome for clients.
Regarded as one of the leading dispute resolution practices in Australia, our strengths in commercial, regulatory and corporate litigation are supplemented by specialist expertise.
Our team in Australia offers strategic problem solving, technical expertise, and a large team of highly regarded commercial lawyers.
We resolve disputes quickly and commercially while retaining your reputation and business relationships.
Show moreShow less
Recent experience includes acting for:
- PricewaterhouseCoopers in the Centro securities class actions in the Federal Court, which involved allegations of failures to disclose information concerning Centro’s debt position. The class actions comprised 6,000 group members and claims of AUD1 billion
- The Australian Commonwealth Attorney-General’s Department on the Royal Commission into the Commonwealth Government’s Home Insulation Program.
- White Industries in its successful investment dispute against the Republic of India arising from the India-Australia bilateral investment treaty
- The owners and operators of the Hazelwood Coal Mine inquiry
- A contractor on a major government infrastructure PPP project in forming a dispute resolution strategy and driving it to a beneficial early settlement.
- Microsoft in an action brought against the company in the Federal Court of Australia for patent infringement and misuse of confidential information
- British Airways in a class action alleging global cartel conduct in the air cargo industry.
A client recently said:
"We love working with King & Wood Mallesons…We know you’ll identify the issues and nail them for us."
"King & Wood Mallesons make the complicated simple."