An innovative and pragmatic corporate legal advisor
Our strength as a corporate advisory law firm lies in our approach – our corporate practitioners are fully abreast of the developments that will affect our clients.
In Australia, our team combines expertise in corporate law, dispute resolution and tax to provide innovative and pragmatic solutions for boards, general counsel, senior executives and company secretaries.
We provide tailored solutions for all kinds of enterprises, from clients listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) to not-for-profit organisations.
Our corporate advisory expertise includes:
- Company reporting, including continuous and periodic disclosure issues
- Business and tax structuring and planning
- Consultation obligations on business transfers, as well as post-closure restructuring and integration planning
- ‘Bet-the-company’ litigation
- Market regulation, investigations and dealings with regulators
- Takeover response planning
- Directors’ and officers’ duties and rights, indemnification and insurance
- Constitutions, committee charters, governance policies and processes
- Executive remuneration and employee incentive arrangements
- Preparing for shareholder meetings, analyst briefings and dealing with proxy advisers
- Shareholder activism, contested board elections and meeting requisitions
- Independent legal advice in conflict situations and to disinterested directors in related party or other sensitive areas
- Internal investigations and insider trading issues.
For an overview of current issues and challenges facing Australian directors and Boards, read our latest Directions Report.