The first choice for important and complex transactions
Our corporate clients value our expertise in domestic and cross-border transactions, and the integrated knowledge of our specialist lawyers. We work with some of the world’s largest companies, private equity firms and investors. We will work side by side with you on your takeover or scheme, your private equity transaction, your negotiated M&A deal, or your major commercial contract to get the deal done.
Ranked as Tier 1 by Chambers for more than a decade, we are the firm of choice for strategically important and complex transactions.
Behind this success lies an experienced team of more than 40 corporate M&A partners across Australia, many of whom have worked together for more than 20 years. They bring their diverse market experience and deep knowledge of commercial law to the senior management and boards of some of Australia’s largest and most respected companies.
As well as a comprehensive grasp of our clients’ needs and strong sector experience, we have good relationships with regulators. This gives us insight into the issues that may arise during a complex transaction. We know what to look for – and where.
Show moreShow less
Advising iconic brands
Clients benefiting from our expertise include iconic Australian brands across a range of sectors. We advise clients working in financial services; in energy and resources; and in real estate and construction. We also act for clients working in the industrials and consumer sector; telecommunications, media, entertainment, and technology; and government.
Recent experience includes acting for:
- Brambles on the demerger of its global document storage division, Recall Holdings, which was listed on the Australian Securities Exchange with an initial market capitalisation of AUD$1.3 billion
- Westfield Group on its major corporate reorganisation in 2014
- Telstra on the completed AUD$454 million sale of a 70% stake in Sensis to Platinum Equity, a private equity investor
- A multi-national consortium in its AUD$7.06 billion successful bid for Queensland Motorways (the largest infrastructure deal in Australian history)
- A consortium of CPPIB and DEXUS in respect of their takeover of the Commonwealth Property Office Fund (CPA), one of the largest Australian M&A transactions of 2013 with an equity value of AUD$2.9 billion and refinancing of AUD$1.1 billion.
"At King & Wood Mallesons, ‘advice is tailored to finding a commercial solution to any issues presented"
Read more about the challenges facing Australian directors and boards in Directions 2014, the fourth edition of our annual corporate governance report.