Daniel is a Counsel in the dispute resolution group of KWM’s Dubai office. He is a Singapore qualified lawyer and also holds full rights of audience at the DIFC courts.
Daniel focuses on international arbitration and cross border dispute resolution such as construction, engineering and infrastructure related disputes. He also has extensive experience advising international contractors and developers on issues regarding project risk management and dispute avoidance.
He has significant experience representing governments, state owned entities, Fortune 500 companies and major corporations across the Asia Pacific and Middle East in connection with a broad range of contentious and non-contentious matters.
In addition, Daniel is listed as an accredited arbitrator on the panel of the Dubai International Arbitration Centre (DIAC).
Having lived in the Middle East since 2010, Daniel is familiar with the culture and market conditions unique to this part of the world. He is recognized in various publications as a leading lawyer in trends and matters relating to construction disputes.
- Advised and represented a joint venture company consisting of international contractors in connection with a high profile and complex airport dispute in the GCC involving claims for non-payment (worth approximately USD 400 million) and extensions of time.
- Represented a Fortune 500 contractor in a DIAC arbitration against a UAE government linked developer in respect of a large-scale residential development with claims and counterclaims in excess of USD 200 million.
- Represented a government state in Asia against a Thai concessionaire in respect of the termination of a US$2 billion mining and power generation concession and the resultant UNCITRAL arbitration proceedings
- Represented an international Scandinavian contractor in an upstream arbitration conducted under SIAC rules against the employer, a statutory body in Singapore in relation to a project for the construction of 2 underground metro railway stations and the interconnecting rail tunnels
- Represented an international Scandinavian contractor in a downstream arbitration conducted under SIAC rules against the tunnelling sub-contractors who are publicly listed in China, in relation to a project for the construction of 2 underground metro railway stations and the interconnecting rail tunnels
- Represented a party to a joint venture in an ICC arbitration over a joint venture dispute in relation to a contract for the construction of 5 underground metro railway stations in Singapore
- Represented an international Japanese construction corporation in relation to a claim by its sub-contractor arising from a regional project in Singapore
- Represented a Chinese state owned enterprise contractor in respect of a port project in the GCC
- Represented a Main Contractor before the DIFC Courts in defending a specific performance application brought by an Employer undergoing restructuring
- Advising and defending a major Middle-Eastern company in DIAC arbitration proceedings initiated by a Sudanese company for claims amounting to approximately AED 100 million.
Show moreShow less
- International Bar Association
- Director of Communications, Singapore Business Council (UAE) 2011 to 2016
- Advisory Panel, PSME 500 (Singapore)
- Member, Singapore Business Federation (Middle East Group)
- Member, Society of Construction Law (Singapore)
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Advocate & Solicitor, Singapore
- Accredited Arbitrator with the Dubai International Arbitration Centre (DIAC)
- Rights of audience, DIFC Courts (Part II registered)