Achieve your commercial goals
Against this backdrop, we can give you expertise in transactions and the integrated knowledge of our specialist corporate, M&A, private equity and commercial lawyers. This enables us to devise appropriate strategies to limit risks and optimise opportunities to meet your corporate needs and help you achieve your commercial goals. We are business advisors committed to your success.
Our lawyers work closely together with our specialist colleagues in other teams such as tax, EU competition and financial markets, employment and pensions, real estate, finance and international funds to help structure and implement transactions of all types from major cross-border to domestic.
We’ve advised on some of the highest profile deals in the market. For example Universal Music Group, the largest of the four global music majors, turned to King & Wood Mallesons to advise them on their £1.2 billion acquisition of EMI's recorded music division. Our team then advised on the sale of the Parlophone Label Group to Warner Music Group for £487 million.
Other recent work highlights include advising:
- Long standing client British Land on the joint venture arrangements in respect of the £3.4 billion Broadgate Estate, including the exit by Blackstone and the entry into new joint venture arrangements with GIC
- Amcor on its $2 billion acquisition of the Alcan Packaging Group from Rio Tinto and the divestment associated with obtaining EU clearance
- IRESS, the Australian software company, on its £210 million acquisition of Avelo FS Holdings
- Investcorp on its €600 million sale of Skrill, formerly Moneybookers, to CVC
- Ladbrokes on its agreement with Playtech for the provision of advisory services to assist in the development and growth of Ladbrokes’ digital business and also to expand Ladbrokes’ existing software and technology agreements providing access to Playtech’s full product suite and technology
- Atlas Mara on its acquisition of a 77% controlling stake in the commercial arm of the Development Bank of Rwanda from the Government of Rwanda.
"With their ability to think outside the box and push each deal forward we regard this firm as a real alternative to the magic circle."
Chambers & Partners